Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Web 2.0

This was such an interesting assignment! To be honest, I'm surprised I made it out alive =/ Not only did I discover what a 'wiki' was, but I now know how to add videos, links, GoogleDocs, Images, posters, surveys and all other sorts of helpful educational tools. I also know how to make them more accessible by linking them to the visible side bar.
GoodReads seemed like a great resource to refer to when deciding on books that I could use in shared reading with my class, as well as when a student just wants a suggestion for personal reading.
I added some friends on Diigo and learned how to post some bookmarks to share some of my favorite things. I included a recipe page, a link to online scrabble, and a website with tour dates for the AMAZING comedian Brian Regan.
I think the most difficult task in the assignment was creating the Wiki. It took me a while to understand what I was doing, and I had to watch all the tutorials several times. Eventually, though, I figured it out and was able to work through all 4 pages. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I finished page 3 that things started rolling for me =/

Skype
Google Reader
Good Reads
Diigo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki,

    I really liked your Glogster poster. It's the first one I've seen with music on it. Way to go! I didn't even know you could add music to that poster. Now you've taught me something new. Your blog and wiki both look great. I am glad that you made it out alive :) I am going to check out Brian Regan. I am in need of some good comedy.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete