Thursday, October 1, 2009

Digital Storytelling II

This was such a fun project! I'm really proud of my video...I feel like I did better that I thought I could =) For this digital storytelling project, I created a book trailer for Gail Carson Levine's Ella Enchanted. I felt like this was a challenge, as the book has already been made into a movie, but I did my best =D My video covered these state curriculum standards:

Languaeg Arts (5th)
1.1a: identify specific purposes for listening (e.g. to gain information, to be entertained)
1.2a: identify specific purposes for viewing media (to identify main ideas and details, to gain information, to distinguish between fiction and non-fiction, to form an opinion)
2.1: demonstrate understanding that the print carries the message


I also viewed several videos created by classmates.

Carmen Heap: she created a great movie to accompany Shel Silverstein's poem, "Smart." She used such cute ideas to tell this well-loved poem.

Marni Story: I was very impressed with Marni's video. She took a great look into the seasons! I appreciated how she related the time of year to what happens in nature (i.e. some plant and vegetables begin to die and decay as winter approaches). Good research; clear and concise way to explain the seasons. I just loved it =D

Ashley Howes: Fantastic video! The music was catching and engaging, and the poem she used, "Recipe" was so creative and fun! I especially liked how she displayed pictures at the end of different groups of people from different time periods eating together. I feel like that was a great way to introduce the idea of similarity among diversity.

Alyssa Ash: Alyssa created a video to accompany the poem "Little Garden Snail." I noticed that she used a hand-made and personally illustrated book for her picture shots. This was a great idea! It added a lot of character and personality to her video. =) it showed personal care and interest.

Allie Becker: Allie created her own story and took her own pictures to create this video. I liked how she used the idea of colors and incorporated it into an interactive activity with the viwerd. I loved her idea of practicing guess and check.

Nichole Mahas: I liked how she showed simple steps to help keep from getting sick, like washing hands, especially before eating; washing fruit; keeping hands out of eyes; avoiding biting nails and putting dirty hands in mouth...this was a great way to help children understand how they can take some personal responsibility to stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment